Wellesley Girls Outclass Smith and Vassar in Number of Harvard Letters They Attract--Bryn Mawr Fourth

A five day scrutiny of outgoing mail from the Brattle Square Post Office this week revealed telling figures as to the locations of those members of the fairer sex who receive letters from Harvard men.

Wellesley College in proved to be the temporary residence of those females who appeal the most, for the present at least, to the literary instincts of Harvard men. An average of 100, letters a day left the Cambridge station for Wellesley ladies between the hours of 9, and 3 o'clock each day. Letters which were the creations of inspirations of the twilight hour or evening left Cambridge through the central station, where their numbers could not be detected.

The residents of Smith College fall far behind their Wellesley sisters in the number of communications they receive from Harvard, totalling only 40 letters to their credit during the course of a day.

The attraction of Vassar students, moreover, proves to be only half as much as those of Northampton, while the daughters of Bryn Mawr receive a meagre five or ten letters a day from Cambridge.

Post office officials believe that these figures may be distorted by the influence which the Yale game must have had on the correspondence of the past week, and they suggest that very likely the competition offered by Yale undergraduates proved too much for the Crimson literatures, when it came to making invitations look attractive.

The post office officials when queried as to the amount of correspondence that passed between Harvard men and Radcliffe students admitted that it would be impossible to ascertain. The possibility of frequent phone calls would naturally make any such figures an uncertain gage of the correspondence passing between the two institutions.