FALL TRACK CLOSES WITH SPECIAL WEIGHT EVENT

Handicap 35 Pound Weight Throw Open to All Men in College--Will Take Place Tomorrow

A handicap 35 pound weight throw open to all members of the college and graduate schools, with medals to be awarded for the first three place winners, will be held in the old baseball cage tomorrow afternoon at 3 o'clock. This event will officially close the 1928 season, although required Freshman track work and unofficial workouts will be in order until the beginning of the Christmas recess.

The winter season will open officially with a call for all candidates for both Freshman and University teams to meet in the Soldiers Field locker building on Thursday, January 3 at 3 o'clock. Coach E. L. Farrell, when questioned by a CRIMSON reporter yesterday, declared that the outlook for a successful winter season was very good, but that he hoped the squad would be considerably increased after the recess, for with the facilities the University now has for winter track both on the boards and in the cages, a large group of men may be accommodated.