BLOCH'S NEW EPIC FEATURE OF GLEE CLUB'S PROGRAM

Piece Won $3000 Prize, Took Ten Years to Write--Ravel, Schubert Complete the Bill

Serge Koussevitsky and the Boston Symphony Orchestra will be accompanied by the Harvard Glee Club and the Radcliffe Choral Society in their Symphony Concerts this afternoon at 2.30 o'clock and tomorrow night at 8.30 o'clock. The Harvard singers will be under the direction of Dr. A. T. Davison '06 while the Radcliffe songsters will perform to the beat of G. W. Woodworth 24.

"America, an Epic Rhapsody in Three Parts", written by Ernest Block is the feature number of the evening. This symphony won the prize of $3000 offered three years ago by the weekly journal. Musical America, for an orchestral piece of symphonic dimensions, that was to be "a really representative work, one which will be to American music what the standard German, French, and Russian works for orchestra are to the music of their countries".

Conductors Damrosch, Hertz, Koussevitsky, Stock, and Stokowski judged the 12 scores submitted and unanimously chose "America".

Mr. Bloch started the score in 1916, when he was inspired on entering New York harbor from Austria, and ended it in 1926. He has spent much time in studying American folk songs and rhapsodized quotations from many of them occur throughout the piece.

The program, which is the same for both concerts, follows: Schubert  Symphony in B Minor I. Allegro moderato II. Andante con moto Ravel  "La Valu" Bloch  "America"

I. Poco lento (...--1620)

II. Allegretto (1861-1865)

III. Allegro con spirito (1926--....)

I. Poco lento (...--1620)

II. Allegretto (1861-1865)

III. Allegro con spirito (1926--....)