BAILEY TO RESIGN POST AS HARVARD MEDICAL ADVISER

Withdrawal to Become Effective on September 1, 1928 -- No Definite Plans Announced for the Future

The resignation of Dr. Marshall Henry Bailey, Medical Adviser for students in the University, from the Faculty was announced last night. The resignation will take effect on September 1, 1928, the end of the official College year.

Dr. Bailey states that the reason for his withdrawal is not because of ill health, but because he is desirous of retiring from all active medical practice, and that he thinks it wise for Wadsworth House to have a young doctor who would be more suited to the arduous duties of Medical Adviser in the University after he leaves, and as yet has made no definite plans for any future work.

His resignation comes at the end of a long period of service in the University. At the end of the present year he will have completed his thirty-third year as Medical Adviser at Harvard.

He started in his present position in 1895 when students had to go to Lawrence Hall for medical advice. The office was later moved to Thayer Hall in Room 21. After a few years stay there he moved into his present office in Wadsworth House. At that time he was the only member of the medical and hygiene staff at Wadsworth House, which consists-of over a dozen people.

In addition to serving as Medical Adviser for the University Dr. Bailey is the psysician for Stillman Infirmary. He assumed this duty when the infirmary was first, completed, 20 years ago.

No announcement has as yet been made as to who Dr. Bailey's successor will be.