CHANGE SUBJECT FOR DEBATE ON MARCH 9

Alterations Made in Stated Question for Carleton College Argument--Five Retained in Trials

Announcement was made last night by E. M. Rowe '27, coach of the debating team, that the question for debate with Carleton College on, March 9 has been changed so that it now reads: "Resolved, "That the United States cease to protect with armed forces American investments in foreign lands without prior declaration of war."

Due to this change it has been decided in give all men in the College or Engineering School another opportunity to try out for the two teams which will face Carleton and the University of Porto Rico. The question which will be argued in the debate with the Porto Ricans corresponds very nearly to that in the other debate. It reads: "Resolved, That the United States cease to protect with armed forces American investments in the Carribean without prior declaration of war."

In trials held yesterday afternoon, the following five men were retained: L. F. Hess Sp., R. F. Courtney '29, V. K. Kwong '29, U. G. Warren '30, J. K. Fairbank '29.

These men and any others who are interested should report to the New Lecture Hall this afternoon at 3 o'clock prepared to give a ten-minute speech on the negative side of the question as it new reads.