SOPHOMORES GATHER IN SMOKER ON THURSDAY

MOTION PICTURES AND MUSIC ALSO ON PROGRAM

When the members of 1930 crowd the Living Room of the Union at 7 o'clock Thursday evening for the Sophomore smoker, it will mark their only official gathering of this year. W. R. Harper '30, as president, will greet the class.

W. H. Nelson '04, lecturer and tutor in the division of History, Government, and Economics, and assistant dean of Harvard College, and C. C. Buell '23, captain of the 1922 football team, are the principal speakers of the evening. They will be introduced by Harper. Motion pictures of last fall's Harvard-Yale and Harvard-Indiana football games will be shown after the addresses, while K. A. Perry '28 will do the act which was so popular on the musical club tour this winter. Roy Lamson '29 and his Harvardians will play at intervals throughout the evening. The double quartet of the musical clubs will complete the program. There will be favors this year as well as the usual smokes and refreshments.

The committee is headed by G. L. Lewis '30, chairman, and T. F. Mason '30 and F. V. Nissen '30, sub-chairmen. The other members are: A. B. Bigelow '30, S. E. Brown '30, Marshall Dwinnell '30, G. C. Holbrook '30, V. L. Hennessey '30, W. P. Lage '30, John Noble '30, J. W. Potter '30, R. L. Summers '30, H. T. Wenner '30, and W. T. Wetmore '30.