HARVARD CHRONOLOGY

The student wakes up to the buzzing of his alarm clock at twenty minutes to ten. Before he has had time to compose himself for a last nap before his ten o'clock class the Catholic Church east of the Gold Coast chimes a mellifluous quarter hour and it is time for him to get up. At Arthur's ten minutes later it is still quarter to ten; so, reassured, he sits down to hearty breakfast. At ten precisely he begins his leisurely stroll to class until he casually glances up at the Memorial Hall to find to his consternation that it, is six minutes past the hour. One minute to make class if he hurries.

The section man is already immersed in the depths of his discourse, and looks up reprovingly at the laggard, who pulls out his watch in indignant justification-to find that it says twelve past. He sets it back five minutes and thrusts it away again. The class drags slowly on.

Boom, boom-Harvard Hall is striking the hour. The instructor goes placidly on for one-two-three minutes, until the Sever bell jangles twice. The student goes back to his room, collects his suitcase and overcoat and sprints for the subway. Just twenty minutes to make the train at South Station! In the station he is informed politely but firmly that the train has left your watch is slow, sir.