UNIVERSITY CREWS TO RACE IN BASIN TODAY

DE NORMANDIE AGAIN STROKES WINNING 150-POUND CREW

After a series of stiff practice sessions since their trial race last week, the two University crews will compete again at 4 o'clock this afternoon in a mile and three quarters test over the Charles River Basin course. The Ineligible combination, which showed surprising strength in the previous handicap grind, is scheduled to start with them as a competitor in the event.

Hitherto Coach E. J. Brown '96 has been frustrated in his efforts to send the Crimson oarsmen over the Basin straightaway. The prevailing west winds have kept the water in an unfavorable turmoil but if conditions today are at all calm, the three shells will get away from the mark at the temporary bridge below the M. I. T. boathouse.

Yesterday, while the University eights were cruising upstream for trial sprints, the two 150-pound crews held a half-mile contest under the supervision of Coach C. S. Heard '25. The first boat, stroked by James de Normandie '29, managed to overcome a length handicap in the distance but could not pull away from the seconds, paced by W. J. Shearer '29.