HARVARD IS FAVORED IN DARTMOUTH GAMES

Crimson Total Probably Swelled by 880, Mile and Two Mile--Weight Events Promise Close Contests

With an evident advantage over their opponents in nine of the 14 events in the dual meet at Hanover Saturday, the University track forces should let the Dartmouth runners down to their fourth defeat in as many seasons. The hope for another Crimson victory lies in its superior power in the 880, mile and two-mile runs, in the broad jump and pole vault, and in the weight events.

During the past three indoor and outdoor track seasons, a Harvard track team has not been humbled at the hands of a Dartmouth contingent. The University took the Hanoverians into camp in 1925 by a margin of 75 to 60, in 1926 83 1-4 to 51 3-4, and last year the Big Green emerged on the short end of a 72 1-3 to 62 1-3 count.

In the 880-yard run, Captain A. H. O'Neil '28 and R. P. Porter '29 should break the tape in front of Keith, Dartmouth's best performer in this event. The mile and two mile should add heavily to the Crimson total, with J. L. Reid '29, Leslie Flaksman '29, and R. G. Luttman '29 carrying the brunt of the work. The Hanoverians boast no miler or two-miler who can keep pace with these Crimson distance men.

First place in the broad jump will probably go to A. E. French '29, with second and third counting for Dartmouth. B. G. Burbank '29, in the pole vault, is expected to clear the bar considerably over the high mark of Putnam of the Big Green aggregation.

Harvard has T. H. Alcock '29, G. I. Shapiro '28, and C. M. Churchill '30 to toss the hammer, C. A. Pratt '28, who has been doing well in practice the past week, and David Guarnaccia '28 to throw the javelin, and Pratt and Guarnaccia to heave the shot and discus. To stack up with these men the Hanoverians will place Phillips and Lyle in the hammer. Harden in the javelin, and McAvoy and Lyle in the shot and discus. The javelin, shot and discus may prove to be the most closely contested events of the meet, with the University holding a slight edge.