ELI TRACKMEN INVADE STADIUM ON SATURDAY

DIFFICULT TO COMPARE POWER OF TWO TEAMS

With a decisive win over Dartmouth behind him, Coach E. L. Farrell is putting his track and field performers through final workouts for a supreme effort to break the five year string of Eli victories in the thirty-fifth dual meet at the Stadium Saturday. The unexpected power shown against the Green indicates that Yale will have to fight for another Crimson scalp, but the University will have to run wild to come out on the long end of the final count, judging from the records of both teams so far this year.

Judgment as to the comparative power of the Crimson and Blue teams is difficult, since they have not both met the same opponent in any of their meets this season. Coach Farrell's men scored a heavy win over the University of Maryland and William and Mary in a practice triangular meet at Williamsburg early in the spring, took second place in the two-mile relay during the Penn Relays, and piled up nearly a two to one score against Dartmouth. On the other hand. Yale has defeated the powerful University of Pennsylvania aggregation by 78 2-3 to 56 1-3, and routed Princeton last Saturday, 93 1-3 to 41 2-3.

Scores Give Yale Edge

These results would seem to give Yale the edge in Saturday's encounter, and augur a sixth consecutive defeat for the Crimson. Since 1922, when the University broke a four year Elli winning streak by a seven point margin, some of the closest meets on record have gone to the Blue. Two years ago Captain W. L. Tibbetts '26 led a fighting team rated as the underdog to a heroic effort which ended with Yale holding a 67 2-3 to 67 1-3 margin.

Up to the last three events of the meet at New Haven last spring the University was leading the Blue by three points, with victory in sight, for the half-mile and the 220-yard dash were figured as Crimson events, with Captain E. C. Haggerty '27 and A. H. Miller '27 entered. Haggerty had already won the mile against fast competition, and found the pace of the half-mile too fast, while Captain Paulsen of Yale ran wild for a win over Miller in the furlong. These events and the low hurdles decided the meet, which fell to Yale, 71 1-2 to 63 1-2.