Lampoon Bends Over Today to Take Annual Beating From Crimson Bats--Jimmy Walker Will Toss First Ball of Game

Excitement was rife in baseball circles last night at the prospect of the annual diamond classic between the CRIMSON and the Lampoon, scheduled to take place this afternoon on Soldiers Field. While little can be gleaned from the record of the Lampoon ball tossers so far this season the Mt. Auburn St. Aggregation is reputedly of unusual strength. The power of the CRIMSON nine has been amply demonstrated by its well earned mental and moral victory over the strong Princetonian batsmen last Saturday. The journalist ball players have enjoyed a complete rest from their bruising encounter on the New Jersey turf and are eagerly anticipating this afternoon's fracas with their time-honored rivals.

A unique feature of today's game will be the appearance of the Honorable James F. Walker, Mayor of New York City, who has consented to make the trip from New York to Cambridge in order to throw out the first ball of the game. a joint reception committee has been appointed from the two Boards and plans have been formulated for a fitting welcome to New York's beloved executive.

Closing reports last night from both State and Wall Streets indicated something akin to a serious financial panic following the rush of Lampoon supporters to cover bets which apparently were placed in a moment of mistaken confidence. Rumors that Philip Hichborn '29 would replace the veteran Bob Lampoon in the box for the humorists, and that V. O. Jones '28, versatile CRIMSON tosser, would be unable to play are believed to have caused the rash action of the Lampoon rooters. Word got around yesterday, however, that the CRIMSON is firmly resolved to maintain the integrity of its football traditions and that in consequence the score would stand s the sinking sun is being sunk over Soldiers Field this afternoon. CRIMSON 23, Lampoon 2. The confusion that this news produced in financial districts late yesterday afternoon in indescribable.