NIPPONESE TEAM TO FACE CRIMSON

Whitmore Slated to Hurl Against Japanese Stars--Injured Arm Will Keep Barbee Out for Week

The Harvard nine will meet the leading baseball team of the Orient, the strong Kelo University aggregation from Japan, at 4 o'clock this afternoon on Soldiers Field.

Howard Whitmore '29 is considered the most likely starter on the mound of the Crimson against the Nipponese team, although Willard Howard '28 may get the call. F. E. Nugent '30, who displaced A. G. Whitney. '29 for the third bases post in the Pennsylvania game, will again start at the hot corner.

If Whitmore hurls today, Howard will probably be used against the Bruins tomorrow afternoon, while F. B. Cutts '28 will face Michigan in the return game of lathe Wolverine series at Ann Arbor on Saturday.

Barbee Has injured Arm

The University pitching staff is considerably weakened by the fact that J. N. Barbee '28 had a recurrence of the arm injury which first bothered him in the Dartmouth game two weeks ago. Barbee will not be able to take his turn of the mound for at least a week.

The Japanese players come to Cambridge with a fine record which includes victories over a number of strong teams all over the country. They number among their victims Leaned Stanford, Georgetown, and the Brooklyn Bushwicks, one of the leading semi-pro teams of the East.

Coach Koshimoto will probably pick Migatake to hurl, since his star southpaw, Hamuzaki hurried mine innings on Monday. it is possible, however, that Hamuzaki may see action this afternoon.

Keio University was founded 60 years ago and has always been one of the strongest-sponsors of baseball in Nippon. As far back as 1912, as keio University nine came to America.