HORWEEN CHOOSES STAFF OF COACHES

Appointment Will Be Announced in Near Future--Sayles and Hubbard Are Newcomers

The University coaching corps for the 1928 football campaign was announced yesterday by W. J. Bingham '16, director of Athletics, on the advice of Head Coach Arnold Horween '21.

Horween is returning for his third year as director of Harvard's football policies, and practically all the men on his staff of assistants have been with him before and know his coaching methods.

R. J. Dunne will again be head line coach and will be assisted in his duties by C. J. Hubbard '24, captain of the 1924 University eleven, who, though he was not on the staff last fall, coached the line in this year's spring practice. In charge of the centers again will be H. W. Clark '23; and Madison Sayles '27, the second new member of the staff, will be director of the backs.

C. R. Carney, who was in charge of the ends during the 1927 season, will not return to his duties next fall. His successor has not as yet been definitely named, but it is understood that the appointment will be announced in the very near future.

V. P. Kennard '09 will again be coach of the kickers for the University team.

C. C. Buell '23, 1927 quarterback coach, has accepted a position as master at Milton Academy and will therefore be lost to the 1928 staff. No successor to the vacancy has been named.

E. L. Casey '20 will again be at his post in charge of the first year team and he will be assisted by W. A. Cleary '15 and R. H. Bond '19.

The second University team will once again be in the hands of J. L. Knox '98. On Coach Knox's staff will be J. L. Donovan '24 and J. P. Crosby '28.