AGASSIZ MUSEUM TO REOPEN JUNE 19, AFTER RENOVATIONS

Exhibits Have Been Increased and Rearranged

Agassiz Museum, the museum of comparative zoology of the University, will be open again to the public beginning Tuesday, June 19, following the first extensive remodelling it has had in 50 years. The museum has been closed for about six months while repairs were being made.

A private opening, at which officers and students in the University will be welcome, will be held on the afternoon of Monday, June 18, and from the following morning on, the exhibition halls will be open to the public from 9 until 5 o'clock daily. The doors will be open from 1 until 5 o'clock on Sundays.

During the past six months the whole museum has been redecorated and repainted: the building has been entirely renovated. Several old collections which were deemed unsuitable for further exhibition have been discarded, and all the exhibits have been rearranged.

Several exhibits, new to the University, have been prepared, one being a hall of oceanic mammals, another, one of domesticated animals, and others designed to show heredity and the variation of animals, under domestication. A special exhibit, set aside in a separate room, contains specimens of the principal North American birds.