TEMPORARY SHIFTS ARE MADE IN CRIMSON CREWS

Saltonstall and Mason Not Able to Row in First Boat--Second 150-Pound Eight Meets M. I. T. on Friday

With the first scheduled races of the season completed the University crews underwent many seating shifts in yesterday afternoon's practice. None of these were permanent but definite changes in the boating of several of the crews may be made in a few days.

The first crew pulled upstream yesterday afternoon with J. G. Lewis '30 and James Roosevelt '30 replacing W. G. Saltonstall '28 and C. E. Mason '30 in seats five and four respectively. Saltonstall was out of the boat because of divisional examinations and Mason is at present in the Stillman Infirmary with an infected hand. It is as yet uncertain how long Mason will be kept out by his injury.

In the second boat, M. R. Brownell '30, regular No. 7, and Allerton Cushman '29, No. 3, changed places while C. McK. Norton '29, No. 4, and B. J. Harrison '29, No. 6, also shifted seats.

The first two 150-pound combinations were also altered radically and Coach C. S. Heard '25 intends to make further shifts during the next two days. The second 150-pound eight is listed to race the second lightweight M. I. T. combination on Friday afternoon at 5 o'clock.

Even the class crews did not escape the general shake-up but were considerably re-arranged by Coach F. R. Sullivan '27.