International Confederation of Students' Congress at Rome Last Year a Great Success--Thirty Nations Represented

The ninth congress of the International Confederation of Students was held at Rome last year from August 24 to September 4 under the superintendence of the Fascist University Groups. Rome was appointed for the situation of the congress last year at the eighth congress held in Prague the year before.

Great incentive to the work given by the fact that B. E. the Premier, Mr. Mussolini, was highly interested in it, and expressed his firm will that the ninth Congress of the C. I. E. should be a perfect demonstration of order and magnitude, and, above all, a noble manifestation of the new Italian university spirit.

So that everything should be seasonably prepared, and the organization should be able to develop every detail with full regularity, a general commission was created, and directed the work and the general lines of the organization. six sub-commissions were instituted, and these with the general commission planned and supervised the proceedings of the entire congress.

A congress of this kind necessarily demands minute preparedness to keep the delegates busy and also entertained. Such things as had to be kept in mind are as follows: propaganda, in the aims of which over ten thousand advertisement posters and an equal number of placards were printed and sent off to students' unions and foreign authorities, the hiring and decorating of hotels, auditoriums, etc., excursions planned, and preparing for the general welfare of the delegates.