TRADITION BOOKS GO ON SALE JUNE 21

G. P. Winship Will Write Title-Page for New Booklet--1500 Copies Printed in First Edition

Booklets containing a resume of Harvard traditions and several special articles on the history of the college will be published and ready for sale on the day of Commencement Exercises, June 21, it was announced last night. The booklets will be kept in stock for purchasers at the Crimson Building on Plympton Street and at the Harvard Cooperative store. The cost will be $.50 per copy.

Will Resemble Catalogues

The size of the individual pamphlet will be about 65 pages. It will resemble in dimensions and appearance one of the University catalogues but will have a more substantial cover. Present plans call for the printing or 1500 copies in the first edition, and of this number about 1000 will be sent free of charge to members of the class of 1932 before the opening of the next college year.

The compilation of the work is sponsored by the College and is being done by the CRIMSON with A. R. Sweezy '29, president of the University daily, and R. A. Stout '29, managing editor, in charge of its publication. President Lowell will write a foreword for the collection and LeBaron Russell Briggs '75, former dean of Harvard College Professor Samuel Eliot Morison '08, Dean A. C. Hanford, Ph.D. '23, W. J. Bingham '16, director of athletics, W. I. Nichols '26, assistant dean of Harvard College, and Stout will be numbered among the other contributors.

A title page for the booklet will be written by G. P. Winship '95, assistant librarian of Widener Library. The leading article is an outline of Harvard history from the foundation of the College in 1636 to the present time by Professor Morison, who is the author of several books on American history and who is concerned at present with a "Tercentennial History of Harvard" to be published in 1936 on the three hundredth anniversary of the founding of Harvard.

The booklet on "The History and Traditions of Harvard College" can be ordered at the CRIMSON up to July 1. Fifty cents in coin or stamps should be enclosed with the applications and copies will be mailed to the address given.