CRIMSON POLOISTS MEET BLUE IN RETURN CONTEST

HARVARD RIDERS HAVE LOST ONCE TO YALE THIS SPRING

Christening the new Phipps polo field at New Haven this afternoon, the Crimson malletmen will seek revenge from the Blue team which defeated them 6 to 4 three weeks ago on Forbes Field in Weston.

The Yale quartet has been rained out in its past two games. The new field was to have been dedicated in a contest with the Army on May 18, which was cancelled on account of the weather. Then a match with Pennsylvania Military College last Saturday was called off for the same reason, so that today's tilt will be the opener in outdoor intercollegiate polo at New Haven.

Five Horsemen Entrain

The University team, which leaves Boston at 10 o'clock this morning for the game which is to be played at 2 o'clock, will have as personnel the four men listed above, with the addition of T. B. Glynn '29 as substitute. Major J. B. Wogan, coach, Manager R. W. Schrader '28, and R. G. Shaw II '93, father of L. A. Shaw '30, No. 1 man, will accompany the players.

Captain R. B. Burnett ocC. has entirely recovered from his recent attack of grippe and will be in good shape at his usual position at No. 2 this afternoon.

J. P. Cotton '29, one of Harvard's manistays for the past two seasons, will ride in No. 3, while J. P. Mandell '29 will play back.

The Eli team is a strong one, carrying both Harvard and Princeton on its list of victims. The Orange and Black quartet was downed by the Blue on May 5 at Princeton by a score of 5 to 4. One of Yale's most skillful riders is O. M. Wallop, son of the Duke of Portsmouth, who maintains a large polo-pony ranch in Wyoming.

About a dozen of the Harvard team's ponies were shipped to New Haven yesterday for the match. These include horses owned by the Military Science Department of the University and by individual members of the squad.

The situation between Harvard and Yale now stands at two Crimson indoor victories during last winter and the recent outdoor Blue triumph. HARVARD  YALE Shaw, No. 1  No. 1, Wallop Burnett, No. 2  No. 2, Phipps Cotton, No. 3  No. 3, Baldwin Mandell, back  back, Scott