PHI BETA KAPPA HOLDS EXERCISES TOMORROW

SENIOR ELECTIONS TO SOCIETY TO BE ANNOUNCED

The Harvard chapter of the Phi Beta Kappa Society will hold its last meeting of the year tomorrow morning at 9.30 o'clock' in Emerson A, after which the members will march to Sanders Theatre where the literary exercises will be held.

At these exercises the two speakers will be Carl Sandburg, the noted poet, and Professor Paul Shorey '78, Phi Beta Kappa senator and head of Greek department at the University of Chicago Sandburg will read the Poem, while Professor Shorey will deliver the Oration. Professor R. B. Merriman '96 will preside at the business meeting and literary exercises in Sanders Theatre.

Will Dine at Union

At 1 o'clock the Society will dine at the Harvard Union, and will be addressed by President Lowell, Sandburg, Professor Shorey, and other speakers who have not been announced.

Besides the election of new members, the chief problem which will face the Society will be the proposed revision of the constitution, which will increase the number of men elected to the Society each year from 45 to 65. Other important business which will be dealt with at the meeting includes a proposal to change the day of the Phi Beta Kappa ceremonies during Commencement Week from Friday to Monday. This would revive a former custom and be more convenient for members.