SQUASH TEAMS TO FACE OPPOSITION IN MATCHES

Newton Center, B. A. A. and Harvard Club Furnish Workouts for Four Crimson Teams

This afternoon, Team A of the University squash squad will play Newton Center in Cambridge, Team B will meet the Boston Athletic Association in Boston, Team C will meet the Boston Athletic Association in Cambridge, and the Freshmen will play Team C of the Harvard Club at Boston.

At the present time, the scores in the various classes of the Massachusetts Squash League show that Harvard University is fifth out of six contestants in Class A, in which the Harvard Club leads. In Class B, the University leads a field of ten. In Class C, the University is next after the Freshmen and the Harvard Club, which are tied for first place among 12 entries.

Coach Cowles said yesterday that he believed the first team had the edge over the Newton Center group, especially in view of the fact that Harvard is playing on its own courts. He added that the other three teams were fairly evenly matched.

For the Freshmen, the match this afternoon will be the most important to date for it will break the tie between the two leaders of the C division On account of pressing circumstances one match, that between G. R. Clark '32 and Russell Davis '21, was played off yesterday. The latter won by a score of 15-8, 10-15, 15-10, 17-18, 15-6