THE BEARD LECTURES

The announcement is today's CRIMSON that Professor Charles Austin Beard has accepted an invitation to lecture at Harvard during the latter part of March is welcomed with a keen sense of pleasure. Not only in the special fields of history and of government, in which he is a most accomplished scholar, but also in the whole range of education, his influence has been profoundly felt. With many students at Harvard, who have read his numerous books, his name has become a familiar byword.

In acting as host to so distinguished a lecturer, Harvard has an unusual opportunity. Often in the past, many have expressed their sincere regrets that Columbia and the American Political Science Association should have occupied so much of Professor Beard's valuable time that a course of his lecturers at Cambridge has been impossible. The repeated invitations, however, have not been in vain, and Harvard is now able to offer a short series of lectures by Professor Beard. Although these lectures are planned to supplement a particular college course, it is gratifying to note that all members of the University will have the opportunity to attend them.