Instrumentalists Receive Royal Reception on Tour Through East and Middle West--Concerts Are Given in Five Cities

After five well received concerts in the East and Middle West, both musically and financially successful, accompanied by as many luncheons, tea dances, dinners, debutante balls, sightseeing tours, and special entertainments, the Harvard University Instrumental Clubs disbanded in Chicago after the Sunday afternoon concert of December 30. Some departed homeward; about 20 members left that night at 9 o' clock for Boston in one of the special cars while the Glen Douglas special left the following morning with those men who had remained for a dinner dance.

Rochester Entertains Royally

Each city tried to outdo the others in hospitality. Rochester was the first city on the itinerary. The Clubs arrived there at 11 o'clock the morning of December 26. A Harvard Club luncheon at the Sagamore Hotel was followed by a short visit to the Eastman Kodak plant. A tea dance at a private home occupied the members the rest of the afternoon until they split to attend three different dinners given in their honor before the concert at the Community Players' Theatre. A full appreciative house applauded the performance, honors going to J. S. B. Archer '30, soloist, and Robert Reinhart '20, prestidigitator and magician. A short dance at the Theatre was soon deserted for the more festive debutante ball at the Genesee Valley Club where breakfast was served at 5.30 o'clock for the remaining guests. The special cars left for Buffalo and Niagara Falls at 6.28 o'clock.

Most of the entourage having slept through the Niagara Falls sojourn, the Instrumentalists arrived in Buffalo in time for the luncheon at the Saturn Club on Delaware Avenue. This was followed by swimming in the Club's excellent pool before the tea dance at the Club from 4 to 6 o'clock. A special holiday dinner was served to the men before they left for the Twentieth Century Club where the concert was followed by a dance. The Tennis Club and Country Club dances each attracted a Harvard following, while the greatest number of men went to a special entertainment given in their honor by a former University track celebrity. Due to the long run to Cincinnati before them. Buffalo was left behind at 1 o'clock.

Cincinnati Debutante Receives

Cincinnati was reached in time for a buffet dinner at the Queen City Club given by the Harvard Club. The concert was given on the Hotel Gibson Roof Garden with cabaret and night club effects, the spectators sitting at tables. After the concert the Gold Coast Orchestra played for dancing, but most of the members adjourned to the large debutante ball at the Hotel Sinton which lasted until 6 o'clock. The only incident of anyone almost getting left occurred here when the Indianapolis-bound train was stopped as it was leaving the station to take on several late arrivals.

Headquarters at Indianapolis were at the Indianapolis Athletic Club where a Harvard Club dinner was given the men. A special luncheon was given at the Woodstock Country Club, where there was also a dance that evening. A tea dance at a private home completed an eventful day's events, not the least of which was the very successful concert at the Masonic Temple