FIRST TRIALS OF 1929-30 PIERIAN SEASON NAMED

ALL MANAGERIAL AND LIBRARIAN ASPIRANTS REPORT

The Harvard University orchestra, or the Pierian Sodality of 1808, will hold its annual trials in the Pierian room of the music building tonight and tomorrow night at 7:30 o'clock, as the first events of its one hundred and twenty-second concert season, 1929-1930. The trials are open to all members of the University and all students who are interested in the performance of good music are urged to attend.

The Pierian Sodality this year under the direction of G. Wallace Woodworth '24, also assistant conductor of the Harvard Glee Club and a conductor of the Radcliffe choral Society, is under a new policy of management, and an interesting series of concerts is being booked at the present time. Woodworth is now selecting the music to be played, and noteworthy repertoire for the concerts is in preparation.

Competition Starts Tomorrow

The Pierian Sodality is the only organization in the University which offers the opportunity to practice and perform good orchestral music under a trained conductor and at the same time to have the advantages presented by an organized society of the University.

The Sodality is this year also conducting a competition for the positions of assistant manager and librarian. All candidates are to report for the opening of the competition tomorrow night at 7 o'clock at the Music Building in the office of the manager.