NETMEN FIGHT WAY TO FINAL ROUND MATCHES

DOUBLES PROGRESS TO THIRD ROUND CONTESTS

As the survivors of the Annual Fall Tennis Tournament go into the closing rounds, there have been but few notable upsets. Although several of the seeded players have been forced to default, the only one to be defeated was K. B. Daggett '30, who was put out by J. K. Peterson, 1L, in the fourth round. Another close match was that in which J. M. Barnaby '32, winner of last year's Class B tournament, defeated D. T. Field '31 in two tight sets, 6-4, 7-5.

Among the players to win their matches easily yesterday were J. L. Ware '30, seeded number six, who best R. F. Evans '33 by the score of 6-2, 6-1, and Barnaby, who entered the quarter final round by outplaying E. M. M. Warburg '30, 6-3, 6-4.

Only three matches were completed yesterday in the Class B tournament. In the third round, J. E. Elworth 1L defeated V. R. Montanari '33, 6-2, 6-4, while H. M. Austin 3G was subduing P. J. Darlington '26, and in the fourth round, H. E. Martin '30 won over Donald Greer 1G by default.

The doubles tournament has reached the third round with no action of the seeded teams. The number one pair, Harris Coggeshall 1L and M. T. Hill '32, won their first match by default.