"Sorry for Harvard"

THE PRESS

Harvard men, reports the Boston Globe, go to Vassar as seldom as they can. Not that we've noticed this discrepancy or anything; but just to forewarn prospective-football audiences we think they ought to know the reason for the slight. It seems we are too active. We are apt to take them on long walks, a picnic, or a round of golf.

This discouraging news is the aftermath of a declaration by President Angell that Yale students return from weekends exhausted physically and mentally. In a way we're sorry for Harvard and Yale men; we're sorry for any man who goes to J, and we've walked up Sunset ourselves. They could bring cars, of course, and eliminate all necessity of hiking. Or they might do something restful like sitting in the shadow of the dear old tank. If they are willing to exert themselves just a little we think the rowboat on Sunset Lake could be kept afloat if bailed a bit.

Perhaps these weekend suggestions are too late. In that case we will have to console ourselves by getting our football over the Physics Lab radio. By special arrangement with the heating plant the atmosphere over there can be made quite realistic. Fur coats are quite all right and any one who wants to can sing Boola Boola. Men are not great assets during games anyway--they always insist that you listen to the rules, and our escort last year disconcertingly chewed and swallowed the entire program in his excitement. --The Vassar Miscellany.