Socialist Club Will Not Stage Anti-Army Demonstration on Day of West Point Game--Officers Issue Statement

In denial of a current rumor that the Harvard Socialist Club is to put on an anti-militaristic demonstration Saturday, the following statement has been issued by the club.

"Reports have been circulated that the members of the Harvard University Socialist Club are planning an antiwar, anti-militaristic demonstration on the occasion of the West Point visit to Cambridge this Saturday. No plans have been made for such demonstration and no such demonstration is expected.

"Under the second article of the Peace Pact (Kellog-Briand Treaty) the United States pledged itself 'never under any circumstances whatsoever to seek the settlement of any dispute from whatsoever causes arising by other than pacific means.' This definitely makes the obligation to keep peace just as much a part of the law of the United States as it is of the law of the world and West Point is therefore an out in wed, illegal anti-social institution.

"Nevertheless, in deference to those students, not socialists, who find themselves embarrassed on one hand by the relations existing between Harvard University, which presumably prepares men to go out and create better civilization, and West Point, which trains men to sweep that civilization off the face of the earth, and on the other hand by the fact that the business department of the Harvard Athletic Association has invited here the West Point cadets in the name of the student body, no demonstration will take place."