W. H. SIPLE IS RESIGNING FROM MUSEUM POSITION

WILL BE SUCCEEDED BY H. S. FRANCIS '24

Announcement was made yesterday of the resignation of W. H. Siple '15 as Assistant to the Directors of the Fogg Art Museum, and as lecturer in Fine Arts. He will be succeeded in these positions by H. S. Francis '24.

After graduation from Harvard, Mr. Francis was for several years assistant to the Curator of the Print Department in the Boston Museum of Fine Arts. He then went to Cleveland, where he has held, until recently, the position of Curator of Prints and Drawings in the Museum of Art.

Mr. Siple, for several years connected with the Fogg Museum, has been appointed to the Directorship of the Cincinnati Art Museum and Academy, where he will begin work November 1. He will also be Curator of the well-known Charles P. Taft Collection and Professor of Fine Arts in the University of Cincinnati.

Receiving his master's degree in 1917, Mr. Siple spent several years teaching in Groton and then came to Harvard to prepare for Museum work. In the spring of 1927, he was appointed Assistant to the Directors of the Fogg Museum and the following year he received a lectureship in Harvard. Since then he has conducted courses in the Theory of Design in the Decorative Arts. In addition, he has been in charge of the students sent to Harvard by the Carnegie Corporation for the last three summers.