SHORT CHANGE

The experience of going to the library desk to take out books assigned for quizzes and hour exams, only to come away empty-handed due to the inadequate supply of copies, is unfortunately becoming a regular occurrence. The fault for this state of affairs does not lie so much on the administration of the library, as upon the instructors who are responsible for having the books used by their courses placed upon the shelves.

In addition to the gifts which provide a considerable sum of money, the Corporation has provided sufficient funds to cover the cost of duplicate copies.

The blame for the present situation seems to lie with those instructors, who, not realizing that it is often impossible for the student to take care of his assignments at once, fall to provide for the inevitable rush which occurs just before the assignment falls due. Moreover the library complains that the lists of books handed in by the instructors often arrive so late that it is impossible to get them on the shelves in time.

Cooperation with the library, and a realization by the instructors that there should be some ratio between the supply of books and the demand is necessary to correct the present situation.