PRESIDENT LOWELL TO GIVE OPENING ADDRESS

SPONSORED BY CALVERT ROUND TABLE OF BOSTON

President Lowell will give the opening address at the first session of a seminar to be held on November 12 and 13 in the large lecture room of the New Fogg Art Museum for the purpose of considering the relations of Catholics, Jews, and Protestants. He has also tendered the facilities of the Harvard Union for the serving, of luncheon on both days. The other speakers at the session will be the Reverend Michael J. Ahern and Rabbi Harry Levi.

The seminar, which is modelled on the lines of a similar meeting held at Columbia University on January 30 and 31 of this year, will be sponsored by the Calvert Round Table of Boston, a group of approximately 100 representative laymen of different religious beliefs. The seminar to be held at Harvard is the first activity of the organization, whose membership list is made up of individuals outstanding in many lines of endeavor in Boston and vicinity. No one active in political life or holding elected public office is eligible to the organization.

Three gatherings will be held, and the meetings are open to members of the Calvert Round Table and a list of guests to whom invitations have already been sent. The first one will discuss vocational adjustment in its relation to religion and race bases. The second will treat of misrepresentation of religious beliefs and practices, and how best to lessen them or effect their elimination. The third table will consider questions of community cooperation and conflict; and to what extent cooperation, ignoring religious divisions fons has proved successful in different communities