"Hold That Line"

THE MAIL

(Ed. Note--The Crimson does not necessarily endorse opinions expressed in printed communications. No attention will be paid to anonymous letters and only under special conditions, at the request of the writer will names be withheld.)

To the Editor of the CRIMSON:

Harvard University is a liberal institution as American universities go, but it is a hundred million dollar corporation and has all the prejudices of one. The Harvard Socialist Club has been victimized and discriminated against on every possible occasion.

We have been refused the right to hold meetings in University rooms, on a multiplicity of pretexts, but other organizations against whom the same objections might have been raised, have done so. The Student Employment Bureau refused to give us men to sell the Progressive, because the Progressive was exposing new Sacco-Vanzetti evidence. Now we are refused the right to distribute "flyers" inside the Yard Gates, although other organizations have several times used the Yard, and CRIMSON subscription agents are given the freedom of the dormitorities. To our complaints, we are answered that for each individual case a specific decision is necessary.

Justice demands a government not of men but of laws, and if this is what Harvard liberty means, the American public wants to know it. This latest case of intolerance is a challenge to all liberals; it calls for a Socialist Education wider in scope than ever before; and the Harvard Socialist Club will meet that challenge. On Friday, "Welcome to MacDonald" appears on Harvard Square. Lawrence B. Cohen, Jr., '32, Pres.   Harvard Socialist Club