DAYLIGHT SAVING

The decision of the athletic authorities to begin play at the two final October football games at two rather than two thirty next year is an innovation that has long been warranted, but which, as the result of a faculty ruling, has been delayed. This change is obviously no matter of primary importance, but it is a detail which will be a substantial contribution to the pleasure of spectators in the Stadium. It has been painfully apparent that after the first two games of the season, the policy of starting after two o'clock inevitably means that the last quarter is played in semi-darkness.

This departure from the two thirty starting time of previous years is another sign of the tendency on the part of the Athletic Association to attend to the improvement of details. The new padding along the side lines and the much needed protected press box are other tangible innovations. Of these changes the present one is perhaps most gratifying, and the most radical, preferring as it does the convenience of the present to the continuance of an antiquated ruling.