MILNE SANCTIONS H. D. C. PRODUCTION

Former 47 Workshop Student and Club Officer to Direct Play--Wallstein in Leading Role

A. A. Milne, author of "Success", has granted the Harvard Dramatic Club rights to produce his three act comedy in December, it was learned yesterday by J. S. Jennison '30, manager of the Club.

With this authority the Dramatic Club started rehearsals of "Success" last night, under the direction of E. P. Goodnow '17, who has been selected as coach for the production. R. R. Wallstein '32, who appeared in both the Club's presentations last season, Michael Gold's "Fiesta", and an original comedy, "Close-Up", will have the leading masculine role in "Success", that of the "Right Honorable R. Selby Mannock, M.P."

Jessica Hill, vice-president of the Radcliffe Idlers, will play the featured feminine role, that of "Sally, Lady Carchester". The remainder of the cast has not been definitely selected, it was announced last night, but a complete list of players will be made public sometime during the week.

Goodnow, who will have charge of the direction of "Success", is a former vice-president of the Dramatic Club, and a worker in the famous Harvard 47 Workshop of George Pierce Baker for ten years. At present he is giving a course in the theatre at the Garland School in Boston, and coaching amateur theatrical productions.

"Success", as presented by the Harvard players, will be seen in this country for the first time. The play has been done before in England, with Charles Cherry in the leading role.