The Memorial Chapel

THE MAIL

(Ed. Note--The Crimson does not necessarily endorse opinions expressed in printed communications. No attention will be paid to anonymous letters and only under special conditions, at the request of the writer will names be withheld.)

To the Editor of the CRIMSON:

The projected Memorial Chapel to be presented to the college by the alumni seems to have dropped completely out of the picture as a result of the House Plan. It is easy to see what has caused the disappearance of this subject from the newspapers, but the advent of Mr. Harkness' gift is no excuse for this obscurity. As potential alumni and present personnel of Harvard, it would seem that the undergraduates are entitled to know just what is being done in this matter.

In the first place, if the money for the erection of this structure has been collected, it would be well to know where the building is to be placed. Also at this time it would be wise to divulge something of the features of this chapel and what is to become of Appleton. The whole affair seems to be shrouded in an air of mystery as if there were some unpleasant details which would not be favorable for publication. Rather than attempt to hide this from the undergraduates, it would be better to announce the facts so that they might at least express their opinion as Harvard men on the subject. G. S. Robinson '31.