GLEE CLUB WILL GIVE BUT ONE CONCERT THIS YEAR

YALE-HARVARD CONCERT PIECES ARE SELECTED

Gustav Holst's "Hymn of Jesus", and Vaughan Williams' "Antiphon No. 5", from "Five Mystical Songs" will be the outstanding numbers to be sung by the Harvard Glee Club when it appears in concert Thursday, December 12, at Symphony Hall in Boston, in conjunction with the Radcliffe Choral Society and 70 members of the Boston Symphony Orchestra. Under the direction of A. T. Davison '05, the Club will sing the Holst composition for the first time in Boston composition for the first time in Boston where the general public will be enabled to hear it.

This single concert will take the place of the series usually given by the Glee Club during the year, it is announced.

Handel Also Featured

Three compositions by Handel will be offered for the first time in this country with an orchestra: "May No Rash Intruder", "The Foolish Lover Squanders", and "The Heart That's Contented". Other numbers on the program are Brahm's "Liebeslieder and Neueliebeslieder", and Bach's "Now Shall the Grace."

As announced Saturday, the Harvard and Yale Glee Clubs will appear in joint concert on Friday, November 22, in Sanders Theatre at 8.30 o'clock. On that occasion the Harvard singers will offer "Drake's Drum" by S. Coleridge-Taylor, choruses from the Gilbert and Sullivan operetta, "Ruddigore", Brahms' "Marching", two Russian folk songs, and Harvard football songs.