Shake

Whether liquor advertisements in the Harvard "Crimson" and "Lampoon" are construed to have been print in jest or not is a matter for the officials there to decide. The case does, however, indicate that the student attitude toward prohibition is not one of deep respect, such as the Constitution of the United States ordinarily commands.

These advertisements were in all probability printed merely as jokes and nothing more but the stimulus that prompted them was considerably deeper than these externals show. The law went into effect ten years ago, when the students of average college ago today were too young to appreciate its full meaning. Yet, the theory that those who never drank liquor could be educated not to want it has apparently been shattered, either because the education on this subject has been none too good or because the taste for liquor cannot be destroyed by a law.

In view of the fact that the college men of today are being trained to be the leaders of tomorrow, just what will happen to the Eighteenth amendment in twenty years is a matter of conjecture. The fact remains that college students do not want prohibition. The Michigan Daily.