FRESHMAN INSTRUMENTAL CLUBS CALL CANDIDATES

Trials for Mandolin, Banjo, and Vocal Clubs to be Held Monday--First Concert Will be in March

Trials for the Freshman Instrumental Clubs will be held next Monday, it was announced yesterday by Eustis Dearborn '32, recently elected president of the Clubs. At that date, opportunity will be given Freshmen to try out for positions on the Mandolin, Banjo, and Vocal Clubs. If enough talented first-year men appear, an orchestra will be organized. Freshman jugglers, magicians, and ventriloquists are invited to show their various abilities as potential performers in specialty acts.

Some half dozen concerts are planned for the season, the first of which will be at the Roxbury Veterans Hospital sometime in March. The last of these will be given at the Freshman Jubilee in May.

The Mandolin and Banjo Clubs will be this year again under the direction of W. M. Rice. The coach of the Vocal Club has not yet been decided upon. Leaders of the Mandolin, Banjo, and Vocal Clubs will be chosen from the respective groups, as soon as they have been sufficiently organized.