ISELIN IS DEFEATED IN FIRST ROUND OF SQUASH

New York, February 15.--W. J. Iselin '29, captain of the Harvard squash team, lost to Strachen of Princeton in the first round of the National Squash Racquets Tournament which started at the Harvard Club here this afternoon. Strachen took the match in straight games, the score being 15-13, 15-5, 18-16.

Iselin was not playing his customary game. While he started off fairly well in the first game, he dropped the second with little resistance. In the third game, however, he made a valiant attempt to stave off defeat, the game being deuced before Strachen finally won it.

Iselin entered the singles tournamen to conform with a ruling of the National Squash Racquets Association which provides that at least one member of each team must enter the singles competition, and that this man may not represent his team in the team matches.

The Harvard team which is composed of C. D. G. Breckinridge '31, G. T. Francis Jr. ocC., S. B. Myers '29, Ogden Phipps '31, and B. H. Whitbeck '29, plays its first match against the Detroit team tomorrow morning.