ISELIN SEEKS CROWN OF SQUASH RACQUETS WORLD

CRIMSON RACQUETMEN PROGRESS IN STATE TOURNEY

W. J. Iselin '29, captain of the University squash racquets team, will enter the National Singles Squash Racquets competition on February 15, 16, and 17, when the Harvard racquetmen journey to New York to enter the team competition, according to a statement made last night by Harry Cowles, University coach. This is in keeping with the rule made last year which requires each team to enter one player in the singles tourney, who is not allowed to compete in the team matches.

Coach Cowles stated that the five men who will enter the team competition have not yet been chosen. B. H. Whitbeck '29, G. T. Francis ocC., and A. G. Thacher '29, all of whom entered the tournament last year are now in college, but the Massachusetts Squash Racquets tournament which is now being conducted will probably decide the composition of the team Prominent among the present aspirants for places are Ogden Phipps '31, C. D. G. Breckinridge '31, J. L. Ware '30, A. C. Ingraham '31, and S. B. Myers '29.

Iselin, who is seeded first in the State Championships, will find his hardest opponents in three former Harvard players. M. P. Baker '25 seeded second in the Massachusetts tournament, J. L. Pool '28, captain of last year's University squash team, and H. N. Rawl- ins '27, present national champion. O. E. Debevoise '26 is also a difficult opponent. The University team won the National Championship in 1925, 1926 and 1927 but failed to reach the semifinals last year.

Iselin will meet D. F. Gregg of Lincoln's Inn in the third round mate of the State squash tournament before Monday. Several other Harvard students are progressing in this tournament which is now approaching the fourth round. Ingraham will men Nelson, Hooe of Newton Center in third round match today. Thane will oppose L. W. Wheeler, Jr. of the Union Boat Club. Breckinridge an A. M. Sonnabend '17 of the Harvard Club will play before Monday and the winner of this match is bracketed in play. T. E. Jansen '26, seeded third the tournament. Myers will meet E. Sawyer of the Harvard Club to decide the fourth round entrant