VOGEL NAMES USHERS FOR 1930 PROMENADE

ABOUT 250 APPLICATIONS FOR AFFAIR FILED

The names of 23 Juniors who will usher at the 1930 Promenade, in addition to other plans for the annual affair were announced yesterday by W. D. Vogel '30, chairman of the dance committee.

Approximately 250 applications have been filed and although this is not as great a number as in former years it is satisfactory in view of the fact that there was considerable opposition to the dance.

Most of the applications have come in within the past week since at this date last week only 150 applications were in the hands of the committee. Invitations to all the ladies have been sent out and the tickets to all men attending will be in the mail today.

The decorations for the Living Room and Dining Room have been entirely arranged for, being in the hands of Thomas F. Galvin Jr., florist. The two rooms are to be decorated in spruce trees and smilacs. There is to be a bower of flowers at the entrance to the Living Room while the fireplaces will be entirely hidden behind a screen of smilacs.

The names of 23 men who are to act as ushers were given out by W. D. Vogel '30, chairman of the committee. The following Juniors were named:

Bernard Barnes '30, P. S. Brown '30, S. E. Brown '30, M. R. Brownell '30, S. C. Burns '30, A. A. Campbell '30, A. G. Churchill '30, F. E. Cummings '30, E. C. Dieckerhoff '30, F. R. G. Giddens '30, M. T. Hill '30, H. T. Holbrook '30.

Kendrick Kerns '30, C. B. Lakin '30, Freeman Lewis '30, C. E. Mason '30, J. C. Potter '30, R. S. Smethurst '30, W. D. Ticknor '30, L. L. Wadsworth '30, J. H. Ward '30, H. T. Wenner '30, and W. T. Wetmore '30.