HARVARD SOCIALISTS TO JOIN FOURTH ESTATE

LABOR AND PACIFISM ARE CHIEF MATTER OF NEW PAPER

A week from tomorrow a new undergraduate publication, to be known as The Harvard Progressive will make its first appearance, it was learned yesterday.

The paper will be edited and published by the Harvard Socialist Club, and will deal largely with the labor and the pacifist movements. It is the purpose of the editors to obtain articles from leading authorities in different parts of the country on these questions, which they believe are of interest to undergraduates. The periodical will appear fortnightly and will be sold for five cents a copy.

The feature article of the first number will be written by Gardner Jackson, who was chairman of the Sacco-Vanzetti defense committee, and will deal with President Lowell's connection with the Sacco-Vanzetti case. The story is based upon evidence recently brought forth by the committee sponsoring the publication of the records of the case, among whose members are Elihu Root, John W. Davis, Newton D. Baker, Raymond B. Fosdick, and Emory R. Buckner. Besides this article, there will be editorials by undergraduates and news of activities of the Socialist Club.

Two thousand copies of this first issue are being printed for sale at Harvard, and 1000 more are being distributed, in groups of 50, among socialist organizations in other colleges.