FRATERNITY SWIMMERS COMPETE IN BIG TREE

FRESHMAN NATATORS SEE ACTION TOMORROW AFTERNOON

The fourth annual Harvard swimming meets, beginning their three-day competitions this afternoon at the Big Tree Pool, will see the largest group of clubmen ever entered in a University swimming contest participating in the fraternity division of the affair. For the Freshman and University sections which will follow, more men have registered than ever before.

Eight fraternities will be represented by teams in the relay race this afternoon; and over forty individual aspirants will vie for the titles in the other events. They will begin at 3.30 o'clock, and will consist of a 100-yard relay race, diving "6", 50-yard free style, 50-yard back stroke, and 50-yard breast stroke.

The Freshman meet tomorrow will be broader in its scope, including seven events: 100-yard relay race, diving "6", 50-yard free style, 50-yard back stroke, 200-yard free style, 100-yard breast stroke, and 100-yard free style. The final champions will be the winners of the University meet, open to all students, which is scheduled for 3.30 o'clock on April 3. Seven events also will be staged in this last competition and will be the same as those in the Freshman contests save for the diving, in which the men will make eight dives instead of six.