CAME TO DAWN

Close on the heels of Grover Whalen's curfew for night-clubs, the parents of New York's younger set have dropped the shoe that will bring Manhattan's deb parties to a three o'clock ending. This change is but a part of the program which irate hostesses will inaugurate next season. One thousand questionnaires carefully distributed among the Four Hundred revealed that the young people are all in favor of reform.

Luncheons and dinners, like dances will begin on the dot. In fact, Emily Post is to be justified as late-comers redden in embarassment and commence with the third course. What with the reported trend of style away from the boyish figure and the return of that virtuous lad. Johnny On The Spot, the days of our fathers would appear to be once more upon us.

The whole move is reported to be indirectly the work of young business men who complained about the late hours of metropolitan night life. Dancing on a crowded floor through the wee small hours of the morning may prepare one for the intricacy of the subway rush, but the vim, vigor, and vitality necessary to close on a million dollar contract with a Chicago potentate comes by a slightly different route. As for the girls, they are on record as merely saying "Oh!"