UNIVERSITY CREW SEATING DECIDED

Emmett, Clark, Johnson, Webster Row in Stern of 1929 Crew--Jayvee Boat Has Four Sophomore Oarsmen

Four Seniors, two of whom are veterans of last year's first University crew, three Sophomores from the first and second Freshman eights of last season, and one Junior who rowed in the first boat in the Yale race last June comprise the first University eight which had its initial workout on the Charles River yesterday afternoon.

S. W. Swaim '31 who was selected last Saturday to set the pace for the first crew is backed up by four heavy men, W. T. Emmett '29 at No. 7; F. A. Clark '29 at No. 6; M.M. Johnson '31 at No. 5; and A. N. Webster '31, who is pulling the No. 4 oar. Emmett and Clark have both had previous experience in first University crews, Johnson never advanced beyond No. 5 in the second Freshman crew last year, while Webster rowed at No. 7 in the first Freshman crew.

Lawrence Fills Bow Berth

The positions in the bow of the boat are filled by L. W. Dickey '30 at No. 3, who rowed in the Yale race last year in the first crew, C. McK, Norton '29 at No. 2, who pulled a Jayvee oar last year, and James Lawrence, Jr, '29 at bow, who stroked the second University crew last spring.

In the second University boat the stern four is made up of P. H. Watts '31 at stroke, A. B. Rood '31 No. 7; B. J. Harrison '29 at No. 6; and Allerton Cushman '29 at No.5. The bow four is composed of C. E. Mason '30 at No. 4; M. R. Brownell '30 at No, 3; R. I, McKesson '31 at No. 2; and J. W. Hallowell '31 at bow.