HUGULEY WINS LAURELS IN FOOTBALL CONTESTS

Takes First Place in Lateral Passing With Second in Forward Passing and Kicking Trials

In the first three of the nine annual Spring competitions held yesterday for the members of the spring football squad on the Business School Field, A. W. Huguley '31, fullback of last season's backfield, completely walked away with the honors. Not only was he the only one to place in more than one event but he won one competition and placed second in the other two.

Huguley won the lateral passing contest beating out F. J. Gilligan '32, Freshman backfield star, and T. F. Mason '30 who played halfback on the squad last fall. In the punting contest it was expected that Huguley would win handily because of the fine kicking he has done so far this Spring but R. F. Gleason '32 outdistanced him to win the laurels in this event. M. J. Finlayson '32 placed third.

J. C. Potter '30, lineman, captured first place in the forward passing contest being adjudged the winner over Huguley and W. R. Harper '30.

The remaining competitions will be held today beginning at 3 o'clock. There will be contests in center passing, coming out of the line, place kicking, drop kicking, kicking off, and forward pass receiving.