PEGASUS PLANS TO ERECT NEW STALL IN GEORGIAN STYLE

Building to Harmonize With Harvard Houses near Mt. Auburn St. Work Starts Next Month

New York, N.Y., May 12--The Harvard Advocate announced definite plans at the anniversary dinner in New York Saturday night, for a new house in the Mt. Auburn Street district which will fit directly into the House Plan of the University. Actual construction will begin early next month, and the building will be ready for occupancy next fall.

The structure will be in the Georgian style, according to the announcement of Robeson Bailey '29, retiring president of the Advocate, and it will be in harmony with the general architecture of the University. A plaque of the Advocate Pegasus done by Frederick Allen, the well-known sculptor who did the five pediments of the New York Country Courthouse, was exhibited at the dinner. The new sanctum will be designed to accord with this reinterpretation of the Advocate symbol.

Fully Two Hundred Attend

One hundred and fifty former graduate editors and the entire undergraduate board were present at the dinner, which launched the drive for the new building. Hoffman Nickerson '11 acted as host at the Union Club, the occasion being the sixty-third anniversary of the founding of the Advocate.

Richard Washburn Child '03, recent ambassador to Italy and a former president of the Advocate board, and Thomas Williams Slocum '90, presidents of the Harvard Club of New York City, were the principal speakers, together with Julian Street, noted author, and B.A. De Voto '18. Nickerson acted as toastmaster.

Slocum, the first speaker, spoke on how the proposed Advocate building would fit into the House Plan of the University. Child discussed the importance of a literary organization as a center of intellectual activity in the life of the University, and how this would inevitably redound to the benefit of the University at large.