ATHLETIC STARS ELECTED TO FILL STUDENT COUNCIL

Interest in Polling Shows Decrease Over That of Last Year--Five Additional Men to be Named

The election of seven Juniors and three Sophomores to the Student Council for next year was announced last night by James De Normandie '29 who is in charge of the elections. In this year's elections only 644 ballots were cast by the members of the Sophomore and Junior Classes. This is considerably lower than the figures of last spring when 686 votes were received.

Wallace Russell Harper '30, of Ottumwa, Iowa, received the largest number of the votes cast by the Class of 1930 with 242 to his credit. The other successful Juniors in the order of their election are as follows: James Elmer Barrett '30, of Leomister; Guy Constant Holbrook Jr. '30, of 'Clifton; Francis Rene Galbraith Giddens '30 of Ottawa, Ontario; Gardner Lothrop Lewis Jr. '30 of Swampscott; Bernard Barnes '30, of New Hartford; and Arthur Lithgow Devens Jr. '30 of Boston.

Vernon Monroe Jr. '31, of New York, polling the largest number of votes on the Sophomore class ballot, received a total of 121 counts with John Bright Garrison '31, of West Newton, six votes behind him. Samuel Lawrence Batchelder '31 of Boston was the third member of the Class of '31 to be elected.

The ten men who have been elected will hold their first meeting in the Straus Hall Common Room at 6.30 o'clock tomorrow evening. At this meeting five additional members will be chosen to sit in the complete council of 15 men.

This year the voting was done on unsigned ballots. Each voter checked on the ballot the men of his class that he favored for election. Seven of the Junior ballots were unvalid compared to one of the 307 cast by the Class of 1931.