DRAMATIC CLUB PLANS INNOVATIONS IN PLAY

PATRONESSES ARE ANNOUNCED FOR PRODUCTION

Several innovations in collegiate and amateur theatricals will be made by the Harvard Dramatic Club this year in its spring production, "Close-Up," which will be held at Brattle Hall, May 8, 9, and 10 and in the Repertory Theatre in Boston on May 11, it was announced last night by the club authorities.

Montmartre Cafe Depicted

Great pains are being taken to reproduce accurately the setting of the play which depicts motion picture life in Hollywood. The scene of the third act is the Montmartre Cafe in Hollywood. Plans and pictures of the interior of this cafe have been obtained and are in the hands of the producers who hope to carry them out in detail. Models and floor plans of the set of the first act have been completed by T. B. Quigley '29 and J. W. Bethel '29.

Celonese Costumes Used

For costumes, it was found that the Celonese brand fabrics used by the Earl Carroll Vanities are the most successful for theatrical work and the same type will be used by the Dramatic Club. This is the first time that these fabrics have been used in collegiate or amateur circles. It has already been arranged that a professional modiste be retained to supervise the costuming during the four days of the play.

Patronesses Announced

The list of patronesses for the production is as follows:

The mesdames J. H. Adamson, R. L. Agassiz, Charles Almy, P. deM, Bailey, S. H. Batchelder, W. C. Bayhes, J. C. Bayley, Everett Bradley F. M. Bud, Godfrey Cabot, David Cheever, Algernon Coolidge, Juiian Coolidge, C. P. Curtis, G. S. Curtis, H. T. Cutler, Bradford Dorr, J. D. M. Ford, Q. M. Fowle, K. Francke, Langdon Frothingham, G. P. Gardiner, P. W. Gentleman, J. H. Gifford, E. P. Goodnow, L. C. Graton, Frederick Haldsworth, G. W. Harrington, H. M. Houser, C. E. lndus.

H. C. Jones, G. L. Kittredge, B. K. Little, D. M. Little, P. W. Long, A. L. Lowell, Clark Macomber, R. B. Merriman W. M. Minot, M. I. Molte, A. W. Moors, C. H. Morris, Guy Murchie, R. H. Oveson, Arthur Pope, Charles Peabody, Edward, Read, F. N. Robinson, M. S. Ruggles, P. J. Sachs, Edward Streeter, F. W. Taussig, A. P. Thompson, G. C. Vaughn, Eliot Wadsworth, S. H. Walcott, Prescott Warren, Robert Whitman, Alexander Whiteside, A. R. Wild, and W. S. Youngman and the misses M. T. Morris, Angela Movius, Rllen Pendleton, A. P. pupley, and K. M. T. Thompson.