LIGHTWEIGHT AND THIRD CREWS AIM FOR HENLEY

STROKE POSITIONS IN BOTH CREWS STILL UNSETTLED

Following their victories over Yale on the Basin last Saturday, the University 150-pound and third University crew are prepared to enter their respective events Saturday in the American Henley Regatta on the Schuylkill.

Coach Sullivan's fast boatload of oarsmen will be greatly handicapped by the loss of their stroke man Donough Prince '31, who will be prevented from entering the race on account of an unavoidable engagement. The flying featherweights will be stroked by either Captain F. E. Farnsworth '29 who has been rowing at No. 6 all season, or by T. N. Perkins Jr. '31, No. 2 man. Perkins was in the stroke berth at the first of the season before Prince displaced him, and he is at present the most likely candidate for pacesetter on Saturday.

The seating of the third University crew is at present even more indefinite. The struggle for stroke position is as yet unsettled, the contest being between H. W. Sturges Jr. '30, stroke of the Junior class crew, and R. W. Pearson '31, stroke of the Sophomore class crew. The latter crew will probably furnish the majority of the members of the boat which is sent to Philadelphia, but who they will be or in what positions they will row is not yet decided.

In the 150-pound event Columbia, Yale, Princeton, and Penn will be entered with the Harvard crew, while the third University crew will be up against representatives of the last three.