STUDENT COUNCIL ELECTS NEW MEN

Student Council Will Hold First Full Meeting on Monday--Twelve Men are Athletes

Five additional members of the Student Council were elected by the Council at its first regular meeting last night. The Council now has its complement of 15 members and will meet next Monday for the election of officers.

The following men were chosen: William Potter Lage '30, of Suffern, New York; Theodore Hall, Jr. '30, of Cambridge; Barrett Hoyt '30, of Brookline; Stephen Pierce Duggan '31, of New York City: and Marshal Stearns, Jr. '31, of New Canaan, Connecticut.

Lage is manager of the University football team for the coming year, Hall is now president of the Advocate, while Hoyt is to manage the University hockey team next winter. Duggan is an associate football manager while Stearns is an assistant manager of the hockey team.

The elections by the students of the college took place about two weeks ago and ten successful candidates formed the nucleus of the Council which was announced last Monday. The five additional candidates were chosen by the assembled Council members last night and will participate in the election of officers when the first full meeting of the board is held next Monday.

In last week's elections the voting was unusually light and the newly elected members are, in most cases, candidates who fell short of success in the undergraduate poll. The full complement of the Council shows that 12 out of the 15 seats are held by members or managers of sports teams.