RENOVATIONS IN BOYLSTON TO BE COMPLETED BY FALL

Will Provide Additional Class Room Space

Renovations in the Boylston Laboratory which have been going on for the past five or six months will be finally completed by the end of September, it was learned yesterday from officials connected with the work of rejuvenating the old laboratory for the benefit of the Library, and the Department of Psychology.

The first floor and basement will be turned over to the use of the Library where various miscellaneous activities now carried on behind the scenes in Widener will find place. Book bindings, cataloguing of unclassified works and the storage of some few volumes, duplicate books, or books that have lost any value in the Library, will be located on these floors. Many of the old or duplicate books will be temporarily placed here before their sale to second hand dealers or miscellaneous buyers.

The second floor will be devoted to the general use of the University in an effort to relieve in some degree the pressure for class room space that is being felt in increasing measure in the University offices. The present class room space is entirely inadequate as has been previously pointed out in various reports from the University offices and the new found space will serve in a slight degree to fill the temporary breach.

The third floor will be devoted to the use of the Psychology Department which has long been cramped in its present quarters and feels the need of added laboratory and research equipment. Rumors that space to provide for the demands of the University Police, now situated in the basement of Harvard Hall along with miscellaneous branches of the Maintenance Department, lawn mowers, paint brushes, hoes, rakes, and what you will, would be found in the newly renovated building were yesterday dispelled.